Try the irresistible combination of sweet and savoury with these adorable little finger foods that can be made in a snap. Made for brunching, make sure you serve them on a cute platter with a glass of Girls’ Night Out Mimosa. Yum!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Makes: 24 skewers
Pairs perfectly with: Girls’ Night Out Mimosa
2 1/2 cups (625 mL) cubed cantaloupe (1-inch/2.5 cm cubes)
2 1/2 cups (625 mL) cubed honeydew melon (1-inch/2.5 cm cubes)
1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (2 mL) lemon zest
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
12 prosciutto slices, halved lengthwise
- In bowl, combine cantaloupe, honeydew melon, paprika, lemon zest, and pepper.
- Thread 2 cubes cantaloupe and 2 cubes honeydew melon alternately onto each skewer. Repeat to make 24 skewers.
- Wrap halved prosciutto slices around bottom 2 melon cubes, leaving top 2 exposed.
- Get your grill on, girl. Preheat barbecue to medium. Place skewers on greased grill, turning often until they are grill-marked on all sides.
- Scoop it. For a fancy twist, try making your melon pieces into balls with a melon baller.
- Makers gonna make. Skewers that match your brunch theme are as easy as adding colourful ribbons, pompoms, or edible glitter.