Girls’ Night Out Mimosa Jelly Shots
True fact: Brunch was invented so that we could have wine with breakfast! These delicious Mimosa jelly shots are easy to make and are certain to “WOW!” the ladies at that ‘way-too-early-Sunday-morning-shower’ that you have this weekend. Now that’s what we call a celebration!
Makes 24 pieces
- 1 bottle Girls’ Night Out Mimosa
- 1.5 cups Orange or Tangerine juice
- 2 Packets Gelatin
- 6 Lemons or Blood Oranges
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Heat 1.5L of your chosen Orange or Tangerine juice in a pot on medium heat and bring slowly to a boil.
- Depending on your desired tartness, lemon producing more tart slices and blood orange producing more sweet, prepare your fruit slice holders by slicing 6 fruits across the centre (from knot to knot). Squeeze the juice out of the halves and strip the pulp from the centre. Discard the contents. Place the halves with the rind down into a muffin tin.
- Reduce heat and slowly pour in two packets of unflavoured gelatin, stirring constantly. Add 2 Tablespoons of sugar, for sweetness (optional).
- Remove from heat and pour in 1.5 cups of chilled Girls’ Night Out Mimosa. Stir for 1-2 minutes, until there are no chunks in the gelatin mixture.
- Transfer the gelatin mixture into a glass measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour into the fruit cups all the way to the top, making sure you still have 1/4 cup gelatin mixture remaining. Refrigerate.
- After 1 hour, remove from the fridge. The gelatin cups will look less full, so top them up with the remaining mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge and take the cups out of the muffin tin, placing them flat side down.
Using a sharp, serrated knife cut each fruit cup into three slices by cutting diagonally toward the centre knots of the fruit. Garnish wish a pinch of sugar and serve!
Girls’ Night Out Wines